There are two ways to create an invoice:
1. An invoice is automatically generated when a test is performed.
2. New invoices that are not related to a test can be created by clicking New Invoice on the Customer page.
Let's discuss both options further.
Note: This feature is only available for testing companies.
Invoices automatically generated when a test is performed
On the Perform Test page above the Complete Test button, you will find the Invoice Line Items section. By default, we create one line item for the test price that is set (this can be found in the Admin Options section of the Perform Test page).
1. To add additional line items, either click Add Line Item to create a new blank row or select a Standard Invoice Item from the dropdown list and then click Add Line Item. Click here for more information about setting up Standard Invoice Line items.
2. Click Complete Test to instantly create an invoice on the New Invoices page, with the line items entered on the Perform Test page.
If more than one test is performed for a customer, we will automatically add those line items to one invoice; or if an existing invoice exists for a customer, any new line items will be added to that invoice.
Line items with the same Item Price and Description are automatically grouped together on the PDF invoice.
New invoice not related to a completed test
1. On the Customer page, scroll to the Invoices section, and then click New Invoice in the Paid Invoices section.
2. You can now add line items, assign a location the work was performed, set payment terms, due date, and add comments.
3. When you are finished, do one of the following at the bottom of the page:
- Click Create Invoice to generate the invoice, which will instantly appear on the New Invoices page.
- Click Mark Invoice as Billed or Bill Invoice and Send Email to take immediate action.