If you submitted a test report to the water purveyor using SynctaOne and receive this message, this means that a tester allowed a test report to be submitted in Syncta without setting the device type.
This occurs when a tester selects the Bypass Validation option when performing a test for a customer; we do not recommend using this option.
Fix the Error
1. To find a "problem submission" test report, select Tests from the navigation menu, and then select Problem Submissions.
2. On the Problem Submissions page, click Review Problems.
3. On the Water Purveyor Submission page, scroll to the Problem Submissions section to review the test details.
4. Click the Device link to open the Device page for the test report in question.
5. Click Edit at the top of the page.
6. On the Edit Device page, select the Device Type from the dropdown list, and then click Update Device at the top or bottom of the page.
7. Ask the water purveyor if they want you to resubmit the test report or if they want you to email the test report directly to them.
8. Do one of the following:
- If the water purveyor wants you to resubmit the test report, see Retry Post Processing the test submissions for more information.
- If the water purveyor wants you to email the test report directly to them, click the Mark Manually Processed icon in the Problem Submissions section on the Water Purveyor Submission page. This indicates the test has been manually submitted to the water purveyor. Click OK in the popup window to remove this test report as a problem submission.
Syncta will automatically resend this submission. If it is successfully processed, you will see it in the submission history. Otherwise, it will reflect any problem on the Problem Submissions page.