There can be several reasons why Syncta and QuickBooks Online aren't sharing information. This article walks you through the most common troubleshooting issue.
QuickBooks Connection is only available for existing customers.
You must have QuickBooks Online Plus plan or higher to connect with Syncta.
You must be logged into QuickBooks as an Administrator to establish this initial connection with Syncta.
Customer Records Are Not Syncing
If you notice that customer records created in QuickBooks are not syncing with customer records in Syncta, it is most likely because required information is missing in QuickBooks or it does not match between the two systems. Here are some things to note about customer records:
For a match to occur, the Name field in Syncta must be an exact match with the Display name as field in QuickBooks. Pay attention to spaces, periods, name order, etc. For example, Nick Brown vs. Brown, Nick.
If Syncta doesn't find an exact match between these fields, Syncta creates a new customer record using the QuickBooks customer name. If this occurs, there may be two records of the same customer that contain the same information. For example, Jane Marshall and Marshall, Jane.
If there are duplicate records in either system, you need to update one customer record and delete the other.
Use the following instructions to sync a customer record between QuickBooks and Syncta.
1. Select Administration from the navigation menu, and then select Invoicing Options.
2. On the Invoicing Options page, click View QuickBooks Data.
3. Click the blue Customers link.
4. Look for entries in the Syncta Customer column that are blank and do not contain a customer name. This is an indication that the customer in QuickBooks is not synced to a customer in Syncta. You need to correct the customer record in QuickBooks and then re-sync again in Syncta.
5. After you have identified the customer record that you want to fix, click Sync to Syncta next to that record.
6. If there is an issue, an error message similar to the following example appears. This means that specific information is missing in the QuickBooks record.
7. In QuickBooks, make sure Display name as is filled in, and at least one of the following is also filled in:
Billing address: Street, City/Town, State/Province, ZIP/Postal code (ALL of these fields are required)
Phone (This must be filled in before you fill in a Mobile number; otherwise, the sync will not work)
8. Update the customer information in QuickBooks as needed, and then click Save.
IMPORTANT! The sync from the QuickBooks Online side can take several minutes. We suggest refreshing your browser in Syncta until you see the time update in the Last Updated At column in Syncta.
9. On the QuickBooks Data page in Syncta, click Sync to Syncta again to sync the records.
10. If the sync was successful, you will see a confirmation message at the top of the page.