There are different ways to create a quote:
Once that quote is created, you can edit, view, approve or delete it.
Create a New Quote
You can quickly create a quote from any Customer page.
1. On a Customer page, scroll to the Invoices section.
2. At the top of the Quotes section, click New Quote.
3. On the New Quote page, select a location for the quoted work from the Location Work Performed At dropdown list.
4. Click Add Line Item to add a new item to the quote.
5. Fill in the Quantity, Item Price, and Description.
6. Check the Taxable box if this item is taxable; the Line Total and Total amount will be automatically calculated and adjusted.
7. If you use QuickBooks Online, fill in the Product information.
8. Repeat steps 4-7 for each line item that you want to add.
9. To add a Standard Quote Item, select the standard item from the dropdown list and then click Add Line Item. This automatically adds the Quantity, Item Price and Description for the line item.
10. Change the Quantity of the Standard Quote Item as needed.
11. Check the Taxable box if this item is taxable.
12. Add the Product for QuickBooks Online as applicable.
13. Repeat steps 9-12 for each Standard Quote Item that you want to add.
14. Once you have finished adding all of the line items for the quote, use the arrows to the right of the line items to move them up or down as desired; the order that appears here will be the same order that appears on the PDF.
15. Fill in the Payment Terms, Due Date, Invoiced Date, and Comments as desired.
16. Click Create Quote at the bottom of the page.
This quote now appears in the Quotes section on this Customer page and on the Quotes and Work Orders page.
View a Quote
Find the quote you want to view in the Quotes section on the Customer page or the Quotes and Work Orders page, and then click the Show Quote icon.
Approve a Quote
See our article about approving a quote to learn more.
Edit or Delete a Quote
Find the quote you want to edit or delete in the Quotes section on the Customer page or the Quotes and Work Orders page, and then click the Edit Quote or Delete Quote icon.