Watch Video: Want to see how the invoicing life cycle works instead of reading about it? Click on a button below to learn more.
If a testing company in Syncta uses the quotes and work orders feature, there are four distinct invoicing stages:
1. Quote -------> 2. Work Order -------> 3. Unpaid Invoice -------> 4. Paid Invoice
Once a quote is created, approving that quote turns it into a work order. Approving the work order turns into an unpaid invoice, which then becomes a paid invoice after it has been paid.
Each invoicing stage appears in the Invoices section of the Customer page.
NOTE: This feature is only available for testing companies.
Invoicing Life Cycle Example
The steps below provide an outline of how the invoicing life cycle in Syncta works from start to finish.
1. In the Quotes section of the Customer page, click New Quote to create a quote and fill in any relevant details. (See our article about quotes to learn more.)
2. The new quote appears in the Quotes section. Click Approve & Schedule to approve a quote and change it into a work order.
3. The quote moves to the Work Orders section. Click Mark as Completed to change the work order into an invoice. (See our article about work orders to learn more.)
4. The work order moves to the Unpaid Invoices section. Click Bill & Email or Mark as Billed (for printed invoices) to indicate the invoice has been sent to the customer. (See our article about billing customers to learn more.)
5. Once the invoice has been paid, click Mark Paid or the three dots icon to enter payment information. (See our article about marking an invoice as paid to learn more.)
The invoice moves to the Paid Invoices section, completing the life cycle for this invoice.
For detailed information about all of our invoicing options, see our collection of invoicing articles to learn more.