If a backflow assembly is no longer active or has been removed, you can delete it. In Syncta, this is not permanent, but what's called a soft delete. This allows you to still view deleted assemblies using Search or directly on a Customer page. Click on the desired section to go to the applicable section below:
See our article about locating and restoring deleted assemblies to learn more.
See our article about marking assembles as inactive or removed to learn more.
Delete Assemblies Using Search
1. Click in the Search area at the top of any page in Syncta.
2. Select Assemblies from the Results Type dropdown list.
3. Click Refresh.
4. Click the blue link of the assembly you want to delete.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the Assembly page.
6. Click the Trash icon to delete this assembly.
7. When the confirmation window appears, click OK to continue.
A message in red appears at the top of this Assembly page, confirming that this assembly was deleted.
Delete Assemblies on a Customer Page
1. Open the Customer page related to the assembly you want to delete.
2. Scroll to the Assemblies section under the blue Service Location address related to the assembly you want to delete.
3. Click the Trash can icon next to the assembly you want to delete.
4. When the confirmation window appears, click OK to continue.
A message appears at the top of the Customer page, confirming that this assembly was deleted.