Real-Time Training: Want to create test validation parameters now instead of reading about how to do it? Click the relevant button below to create test validation parameters using our live step-by-step walk through.
The test validation feature validates passing test parameters that you set up for each assembly type. If a tester accidentally enters an incorrect value when performing a test, they'll see an error message that tells them what to fix in order to complete the test.
This article shows you how to activate the test validation feature and how to create test validation parameters for assemblies. These values will be used to validate passing test results entered in Syncta and in a submission portal (purveyors only).
Activate Test Validation
Before you can use the test validation feature, you need to activate it first.
1. Select Administration from the navigation menu, and then select Company Options.
2. On the Manage Company page, scroll to the Company Options section.
3. Select Yes from the Enable Validation Of Test Results dropdown list to activate the test validation feature.
4. Click Update Company to save your changes; go to the next section to continue.
Activate Test Validation in Submission Portal (Purveyors Only)
If you're water purveyor and require testers to use your submission portal, you can also activate the test validation feature in the portal.
1. Select Portal Options from the Administration navigation menu.
2. In the Tester Portal section, select Yes from the Enable Validation of Test Results On Tester Portal dropdown list.
3. Click Save Portal Options at the bottom of the page to save your changes; go to the next section to continue.
Create Test Validation Parameters
Once you activate the test validation feature, you need to set up validation parameters for each assembly type as desired.
NOTE: You only need to set up parameters for the assembly types that you want to be validated when entering test results.
1. Select Passing Test Results from the Administration navigation menu.
2. On the Passing Test Results page, select the assembly type that you want to create test validation parameters for from the dropdown list.
3. Click Create Passing Test Values.
4. Enter test validation parameters as desired for this assembly. When you're finished, click Save Values at the bottom of the page.
This assembly type now appears on the main Passing Test Results page.
5. To create test parameters for additional assembly types, repeat steps 2-4 for each one.
Example of Test Validation on Perform Test Page
If a tester enters test results that are not within the validation parameters you created, they will see an error message when they try to complete a passing test.