Real-Time Training: Want to add customers now instead of reading about how to do it? Depending on your user role, click the button below to add backflow assemblies using our live step-by-step walk through.
Customer data can be imported by the Syncta team. But if you prefer to enter customers manually, the following steps will help you.
1. To add a customer, click +New at the top of any page or click New Customer at the bottom of the Customers page.
NOTE: You can also add customers using our Xpress Test feature. Simply click Xpress Test on the Dashboard to get started.
2. Fill in the customer's Name and Phone number.
NOTE: The Name can be a person's name or the name of a business.
3. Click Add Email to add an Email address. The email address that you list here may receive emails for notifications, invoices, test reports, and surveys (water purveyors only), depending on the settings and features you use in Syncta.
You can't choose what type of emails this address will receive.
We also recommend adding the customer's email address in the Portal User Email field on the Portal Options page. This allows you to invite them to the Customer Portal using the Invite to Portal button on the Customer page after it has been created. See our article about setting up the Customer Portal to learn more.
4. Check Test Yearly to keep track of this customer on your auto testing program; you do not need to select this option for the customer to appear on the Upcoming Tests and Upcoming Notifications pages.
NOTE: See our article about the Test Yearly field to see detailed information about how it is used throughout the application.
5. Fill in the Address, City, State, and Zip/Postal code information.
NOTE: We automatically capture address coordinates. If the map pin is wrong, click Pick Map Location to select different coordinates.
6. If you are a water purveyor and this customer has a different mailing address, click Add Mailing Address and add the appropriate information.
7. If you want to associate this customer with a Parent Customer, select an option from the dropdown list.
NOTE: See our article about parent customers to learn more.
8. Enter the name of a Contact Person for this customer.
9. Check Spring Startup and Winterization as needed for this customer.
10. Enter a Comment as needed.
11. Check the following as needed:
Create new assembly with scheduled test at customer's location
Include service location address & assembly serial on invoice line items (only seen in the PDF invoice)
12. Fill in the following in the Same as Customer Service Location Information section:
Status: Select Active or Inactive to indicate the status of this service location.
Water Purveyor: Select a water purveyor that will be used as the default when adding a new assembly at this service location. Check the one-time setting box next to this field if you want to set all assemblies at this location instead of changing them individually.
NOTE: If you do not see a purveyor in this list, you can add more at the bottom of the Manage Water Purveyors page.
Notification Month: Select the month that reflects the month you notify customer for this service location. Check the one-time setting box next to this field to change the notification month in which you notify customers for all assemblies at a service location instead of changing them individually.
NOTE: Syncta does not automatically send notifications. This can be used to filter assemblies on the Search and Upcoming Tests pages.
Contact Person: Add the name of a contact person for this service location.
13. If you are a water purveyor, fill in the following in the Same as Customer Service Location Information section:
Nickname: Enter a nickname for this service location.
NOTE: Purveyors can have this nickname display at the top of a Customer page instead of the customer's name. See our article about Company Options to learn more.
Last Surveyed At: Enter the last date a survey was conducted at this service location; leave blank if this will be completed later.
Next Survey Due: Enter the next date that a survey should be conducted at this service location. This will appear on the Upcoming Surveys page when the survey is due to be conducted.
Surveying Frequency: Select how often you want to conduct surveys at this service location. For example, annually, quarterly, etc. This is also used to determine when a survey is due to be conducted and shown on the Upcoming Surveys page.
Location Type: Select the location type from the dropdown list.
NOTE: You set up the location types listed here; those in bold are a "main" location, those that are not bold are sub location types. See our article about location types to learn more.
14. If the Customer Signature section appears, add a customer signature that can be used for any tests or surveys (as applicable for water purveyors) related to this service location.
NOTE: This section will only appear if it has been activated on the Company Options page. See our article about applying one customer signature to multiple tests and surveys to learn more.
15. When you are finished, click Save Customer.