Real-Time Training: Want to add customers now instead of reading about how to do it? Click here to add customers using our live step-by-step walk through.
Customer data can be imported by the Syncta team. But if you prefer to enter customers manually, the following steps will help you.
1. To add a customer, click +New at the top of any page or click New Customer at the bottom of the Customers page.
2. Fill in the customer's Name and Phone number.
Note: The Name can be a person's name or the name of a business.
3. Check Exclude From Upcoming if you do not want to be reminded to test this customer's backflow assembly.
Note: This means this customer will not appear on the Upcoming Tests or Upcoming Notifications pages; you can still search for this customer as you normally would.
4. Click Add Email to add an Email address. The email address that you list here will receive a copy of the PDF test report when it is submitted for all backflow assemblies attached to this customer's record.
Note: We also recommend adding the customer's email address in the Portal User Email field on the Portal Options page. This allows you to invite them to the Customer Portal using the Invite to Portal button on the Customer page after it has been created. Click here for more information about the Customer Portal.
5. Check Test Yearly to keep track of this customer on your auto testing program; you do not need to select this option for the customer to appear on the Upcoming Tests and Upcoming Notifications pages.
Note: Click here for detailed information about how this field is used throughout the application.
6. Fill in the Address, City, State, and Zip code information.
Note: We automatically capture address coordinates. If the map pin is wrong, click Pick Map Location to select different coordinates.
7. If you want to associate this customer with a Parent Customer, select an option from the dropdown list.
Note: Click here for more information about parent customers.
8. Enter the name of a Contact Person for this customer.
9. Check Spring Startup and Winterization as needed for this customer.
10. Enter a Comment as needed.
11. Check the following as needed:
- Create new device with scheduled test at customer's location
- Include service location address & device serial on invoice line items (only seen in the PDF invoice)
12. Fill in the following in the Same as Customer Service Location Information section:
- Water Purveyor: Select a water purveyor that will be used as the default when adding a new assembly at this service location. Check the one-time setting box next to this field if you want to set all assemblies at this location instead of changing them individually.
- Notification Month: Select the month that reflects the month you notify customer for this service location. Check the one-time setting box next to this field to change the notification month in which you notify customers for all assemblies at a service location instead of changing them individually.
- Contact Person: Add the name of a contact person for this service location.
13. When you are finished, click Save Customer.