Device data can be imported by the Syncta team. However, if you prefer to enter devices manually, use the following steps.
A customer record must exist before you can add a device. If you need help creating a customer record, see Adding Customers for more information.
1. Select Customers from the navigation menu.
2. Select a customer from the Existing Customers List.
3. Scroll to the Devices section near the bottom of the page and click +Device.
The Add Device page appears.
4. Select one of the following from the required Service Location dropdown list:
- Same as Customer: Select if the device is located at the same physical address as the customer.
- Listed Address: Select if the device is located at a different physical address than the customer.
- New Location: Select to add a new device location.
5. Fill in the following required information:
- Water Purveyor: Select the water purveyor for this customer from the dropdown list.
- Device Location: Type the location of the device, typically the city. You can also click Pick Device Location to select the location on a map.
Device Type: Select an option from the dropdown list. For example, double check, RPZ, etc.
Note: We have pre-populated the manufacturer and model lists. If you need one added, please let us know and we will add it right away!
- Manufacturer: Select an option from the dropdown list.
- Model: Select the related model from the dropdown list.
Important! If any of these fields are blank, you cannot complete a test for this device!
6. Fill in the following optional information:
- Add Email: Click to add an email if you haven't already added one for the customer or service location.
- Needs Appointment: Check this box if this customer requires an appointment.
- Device Comment: Add an internal device comment as needed.
- Install Date: Select a date from the calendar that this device was installed at this service location.
Last Tested At: Select a date from the calendar; leave blank if the device has not been tested yet. This date will be used to remind you when the device is due to be tested on the Upcoming Test page.
Note: Click here for more information about the Upcoming Tests page.
- Testing Frequency: Select how often this device should be tested from the dropdown list. For example, annually, quarterly, etc. This is also used to determine when the device is due to be tested and shown on the Upcoming Test page.
- Notification Month: Select the month that you want this customer to receive a notification.
- Last Notified At: Select a date from the calendar that the customer was last notified; leave blank if the customer has not received a notification yet.
- Notification Frequency: Select how often you want this customer to be notified from the dropdown list. For example, annually, quarterly, etc.
7. When you are finished making changes, click Save Device.