A problem submission typically occurs when there is a discrepancy between the information in Syncta and a water purveyor's system. In most cases, something needs to be fixed in Syncta or in the water purveyor's system.
Problem submissions can easily be found in the Submissions section of the dashboard, or by selecting Problem Submissions from the Tests navigation menu.
Common Problem Submissions
Problem Submissions may occur for several reasons, but vary depending on the system that the water purveyor is using. Syncta is as explicit as possible in explaining what needs to be corrected before a test can be submitted, and in which system the issue must be fixed. Sometimes you can fix the issue yourself, but in many cases, you will need to reach out to the water purveyor directly.
Below are some of the most common error messages that you may see. Click on any of the links for detailed information:
- Device Type for This Test's Device Was Not Set
- Gauge Was Not Found in System
- No Fax Tone Detected
- Selected Gauge Has Expired in the System
- Serial Not Found in System
- Service Location for This Test's Device Not Found
- System Reports the Results for This Test Indicate That it Passed But You Indicated a Failure
- System Reports This is a Duplicate Submission
- Tester Was Not Found in System
Errors Specific to Your Water Purveyor
There may be unique errors that are generated depending on your water purveyor’s system, such as if there is a mismatched meter number or when the water purveyor's system requires payment. In these cases, login to your water purveyor's system and make the appropriate changes.