When a water purveyor surveys a site, they will note any hazards that require a backflow assembly, and define the type of assembly needed for that hazard. For example, a pool, irrigation system, etc. The Hazard Types page allows you to add, edit or delete a hazard type.
Add Hazard Type
1. Select Administration from the navigation menu, and then select Hazard Types.
2. On the Hazard Types page, click New Hazard Type.
3. On the New Hazard Type page, fill in the following:
- Name: Add a name for this new hazard type.
- Hazard Level: Select Low, Medium or High from the dropdown list.
- Required Device Type(s) for Hazard: Select the applicable backflow assembly/assemblies required for this type of hazard.
- Comment: If needed, include additional information about this hazard type.
4. When you are finished, click Create Hazard type.
Update Hazard Type
You can also Edit or Delete existing location types by clicking the icons on the right side of the Hazard Types page.