Real-Time Training: Want to conduct a survey now instead of reading about how to do it? Click here to conduct a survey using our live step-by-step walk through.
Use the following instructions to conduct a survey at a service location. You can then save the survey to work on later or complete it as soon as you are finished.
1. On the Customer page, scroll to address at which you want to conduct a survey, find the Surveys section, and then click + New Survey.
2. On the Surveys page, fill in the following:
- Surveyed At: Enter the date a survey was conducted at this service location. If this will be completed later, leave this field blank; doing so will add a "Not Surveyed Yet" status in the Surveys section on the Customer page.
- Inspector: Select the inspector who conducted this survey from the dropdown list.
- Location Type: Select the location type from the dropdown list.
Note: You set up the location types listed here; those in bold are a "main" location, those that are not bold are sub location types. For more information about location types, click here.
3. If there is a hazard (irrigation, pool, etc.), click Add Hazard, and then fill in the following:
- Hazard Type: Select the hazard type from the dropdown list.
- Location: Describe where the hazard is located. For example, in the back yard.
- Comment: Add a hazard comment as desired.
- Internal Comment: Add an internal comment as desired.
- Status: Select No Deficiency, Deficiency or Deficiency Resolved from the dropdown list.
- Resolution Due Date: Select the date that the deficiency needs to be resolved by.
4. Repeat step 3 to add another hazard.
5. Add Report Comments that will appear on the test report related to this survey.
6. Add an Internal Comment as desired; these will only appear in Syncta and not on a test report.
7. Click one of the following:
- Save Survey: Save the survey so it can be completed later. A created survey message appears on the Customer page and this survey now appears on the Review Surveys page.
- Complete Survey: Complete the survey. A completed survey message appears on the Customer page and this survey now appears in the Surveys section of the related service location.