If you submitted a test report to the water purveyor using SynctaOne and receive this message, it likely means one of two things:
- A tester’s gauge information (serial number, model, etc.) listed in Syncta and in the water purveyor's system do not match.
- A tester's gauge information does not exist in the water purveyor's system (for example, if there is a new tester or a new gauge).
If the gauge information is not exactly the same in both systems, or if it is missing in the water purveyor's system, a test report cannot be submitted. This includes differences in capitalization.
For example, if Syncta shows the manufacturer's name as Mid West and the water purveyor's system shows Mid west, the associated test report cannot be submitted until these names match.
Fix the Error
1. To find a "problem submission" test report, select Tests from the navigation menu, and then select Problem Submissions.
2. On the Problem Submissions page, click Review Problems.
3. On the Water Purveyor Submission page, scroll to the Problem Submissions section to review the test report details.
4. Click the Show Test Details icon to view the gauge information.
5. Make note of the gauge's manufacturer and serial number.
6. Verify that the information in Syncta matches the physical gauge's manufacturer, model, and serial number information. This can typically be found on the back of the gauge itself or on the gauge's calibration certificate, as shown in the following example.
7. Do one of the following:
- If the information is not correct in Syncta, go to step 8.
- If the information is correct in Syncta, go to step 12.
8. In Syncta, select Administration from the navigation menu, and then select Gauges.
9. On the Manage Tester's Gauges page, click the Edit Gauge icon for the gauge you want to edit.
10. On the Edit Gauge page, update any of the following information so it matches what is on the physical gauge:
- Serial number
- Manufacturer name: Pay attention to capitalization, dashes, etc.
- Model: Pay attention to punctuation, such as dashes.
11. When you are finished making changes, click Update Gauge.
12. Open a new window in your browser and login to the water purveyor's system.
13. Compare the information in the water purveyor's system with what is on the Edit Gauge page in Syncta; note any differences, including capitalization.
14. Do one of the following:
- If the gauge information in the water purveyor's system is incorrect, follow your water purveyor's process for updating this information. Once this has been updated, go to step 15.
- If the gauge information does not exist in the water purveyor's system, contact the water purveyor about their process; some may add gauge information in their system and allow you to resubmit the test report, while others will allow you to email the test report directly to them. Go to step 15.
- If the gauge information in both systems is exactly the same, contact Syncta.
15. Ask the water purveyor if they want you to resubmit the test report or if they want you to email the test report directly to them.
16. Do one of the following:
- If the water purveyor wants you to resubmit the test report, see Retry Post Processing the test submissions for more information.
- If the water purveyor wants you to email the test report directly to them, click the Mark Manually Processed icon in the Problem Submissions section of the Water Purveyor Submission page. This indicates the test has been manually submitted to the water purveyor. Click OK in the popup window to remove this test report as a problem submission.
Note: If you want Syncta to automatically generate emails to the water purveyor for a gauge not found, please let us know and we can set that up for you.