Real-Time Training: Want to set up and send email notifications now instead of reading about how to do it? Depending on your user role, click the button below to set up and send email notifications using our live step-by-step walk throughs.
This article explains how to send email notifications to a batch of customers.
Send Email Notifications
1. Select Notifications from the navigation menu.
2. In the Pending Notifications section, click +Notification Batch in the top right corner.
3. On the Create Notification Batch page, enter a Name to use as an internal reference for this email notification batch.
4. If you want to add a personalized email subject to this notification batch, enter it in the Email Subject box. If you leave this blank, a default email subject will be added for you.
5. Do one of the following:
If you have parent customers and do not want them to receive notifications, check the Ignore Parent Customers box.
If you only want parent customers to receive notifications, check the Parent Only box.
If you want all customers to receive notifications, leave both of these boxes unchecked.
6. Do one of the following:
If you're a water purveyor and want to attach a pre-populated test report or a completed survey with this notification, check the Attach Test/Survey Forms box. Test report forms will be pre-populated with customer, service location and assembly information, and completed survey forms will be populated with customer and service location information, as well as details about the completed survey. Go to step 7 to continue.
If you are a testing company, go to step 7.
7. If you want the notification date of this batch to appear on the notification, click the Calendar icon to select a date and time.
8. Select the notification template you want to use for this notification batch from the dropdown list.
9. Click Next.
10. Click one of the following buttons to add the customers you want to receive this email notification:
Add Records from Search
Add Records from Upcoming Tests
Add from Pending Retest
Add from Deficiencies (purveyors only): If this notification batch is for outstanding deficiencies, click this button. See our article about sending email notifications for deficiencies to learn more.
11. Use the filters on the page you selected to narrow down your results, and then click Refresh.
12. Do one of the following:
Select individual assemblies: Check the box to the left of each backflow assembly that you want to include in this notification batch.
Select all assemblies on the page: Check Select All On This Page.
13. Click Add Selected Assemblies To Notification Batch at the bottom of the page.
14. When you're finished, you return to the Edit Notification Batch page. Make any necessary adjustments to the Name, Email Subject, Parent Customer settings, Notification Date, and selected Template.
15. Click Remove next to any record that you do not want to include in this email notification batch.
16. To add an attachment that will be emailed with the notification, drag and drop the image or document that you want to upload in the Upload Attachments box; you can also click in this box to select the file you want to upload.
17. When you are finished, click Next above the Attachments section.
18. On the next page, select each customer you want to include in this batch or check Include all records to select all customers.
19. click Send All Emails at the bottom of the page.
20. When the popup appears, click OK to continue.
You return to the Notifications page. You can review the status of emails by clicking Details for this batch in the In-Progress Notifications section.