If you are a water purveyor and have testers who use your submission portal, there are many options that you can control related to what search criteria they use to look up an assembly record, as well as what information they can/cannot add, update, and delete. You can choose whether or not their changes can be published immediately, or if you need to approve them first. If you want to use test validation criteria in the portal, you can activate the test validation feature. You can also display custom messages in the portal as desired.
There are several default options on this page that allow users to:
Search by service address (in addition to an assembly's serial number or Syncta ID)
Add new service locations (and related customers if not found)
Add new assemblies
Edit assembly information and submit tests for the updated assembly without prior approval by the purveyor
To change any of these default options and select other options, continue to the next section for more information.
Enable Submission Portal Options
1. Select Administration from the navigation menu, and then select Portal Options.
2. In the Tester Portal Only section of the Manage Portal page, select the following service location options as desired:
Enable Advanced Search On Tester Portal: Select Yes to allow submission portal users to search by service location address.
Enable Location Creation On Tester Portal: Select Yes to allow submission portal users to create new service locations (and related customers if not found).
3. Select one of the following from the Allow Tester Portal Users To Add Assemblies dropdown list:
Yes: Allow submission portal users to add and replace assemblies, which you can review on the Suggested Changes page.
No: Do not allow submission portal users to add and replace assemblies.
4. Select one of the following from the Require Approval Before Publishing Changes Made To Existing Assemblies dropdown list:
No: Updates to existing assemblies by submission portal users will go into effect immediately and do not need to be approved by you first.
Yes: Updates to existing assemblies by submission portal users will not go into effect until you approve them on the Suggested Changes page. If the assembly type is not already set in the submission portal, the tester cannot complete the test in the portal until you approve the suggested change for the assembly type. All other assembly changes will not prevent a tester from completing a test in the portal.
5. Select one of the following from the Enable Button To Delete Assemblies In The Tester Portal dropdown list:
Yes: Add a button in the submission portal that allows external admin users to request that an assembly be deleted.
No: Submission portal users will not see this button and cannot delete assemblies.
6. Select one of the following from the Enable Validation of Test Results On Tester Portal dropdown list:
Yes: You want test results entered in the submission portal to be validated against values created on the Passing Test Results page.
No: Leave this default if you do not want test results in the submission portal to be validated.
7. If you want to display a custom message in the submission portal, do the following:
Check the Display Tester Portal Message box.
Type the message that you want to display in Tester Portal Message box.
8. Click Save Portal Options at the bottom of the page.
Submission portal users can now utilize the options that you updated here.
Reviewing Suggested Changes
When submission portal users add new service locations (and related customer records if applicable) and/or add, edit, and delete assembly information, these changes will appear as Suggested Changes in Syncta. Click the links below for more information about how to review these changes.