When an inspector notes a deficiency at a service location, purveyors can send notifications to the customer about what issues were found, what needs to be fixed, and by when. They can also send past due notices for deficiencies when they are not resolved by their required due date. These notifications can be sent in a batch for a group of survey deficiencies all at one time.
Purveyors can create a customer notification template for deficiencies using our Templates feature. The following article shows you how to create an example deficiency notification template that you can modify to suit your needs.
Create a Survey Deficiency Notification Template
1. Select Administration from the navigation menu, and then select Templates.
2. At the top of the Templates page, click +Template.
3. On the Templates page, let's start by adding the following:
Template Name: Enter a template name that will be used for internal reference. For this example, we'll call this Deficiencies Need To Be Corrected.
Email Subject: Enter an email subject that will make sense to the customer and is likely to get their attention. For this example, the email subject will be Issues Identified During Your Last Inspection.
Increase Due Date By The Following Number Of Days: If you want to push out the original due date of the deficiency by a certain number of days after sending this notification, add the number of days here. When the notification record is completed, the due date will increase by the number of days you enter in this field. For example, if you want to give the customer an additional 30 days to resolve the issue after you send them this notification, enter 30 in this field. When the notification is completed for the selected record, it will add 30 days to the original due date. This will help remind you again 30 days after the original due date to send them another notice if they still have not resolved the issue. Enter 0 if you do not want the due date to change.
4. Now let's build the body of the deficiency notification email/letter using a combination of text and computed values. Below is an example of what could be included in the Email And Letter Body section for survey deficiencies.
5. If you want to insert an image in this template, do the following:
Click the Picture icon.
In the popup, click Choose Files.
Select the image you want to insert, and then click Open.
The image is inserted in the template.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and then click Create Template.
Below is an example of what this email deficiency notification looks like when the customer receives it.
Add an Attachment
1. If you want to add an attachment to this template, click the Edit icon on the Templates page to re-open it.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and then drag and drop the image or document that you want to upload in the Upload Attachments box; you can also click in the box to select the file you want to upload.
3. When you are finished, click Update Template at the bottom of the page.