When an inspector notes a deficiency at a service location, purveyors can send notifications to the customer about what issues were found, what needs to be fixed, and by when. They can also send past due notices for deficiencies when they are not resolved by the required due date. These notifications can be sent in a batch for a group of survey deficiencies all at one time.
Send Paper Notifications for Deficiencies
1. Select Notifications from the navigation menu.
2. At the top of the Notifications page, click +Notification Batch.
3. On the Create Notification Batch page, enter a Name to use as an internal reference for this paper notification batch.
4. Because this batch is for paper notifications, leave the Email Subject blank. This field will automatically be filled in, but will not appear on printed notifications.
5. If you want to attach the completed survey form of the survey when the deficiency was created, check the Attach Test/Survey Forms box.
6. Do one of the following:
If you have parent customers and do not want them to receive notifications, check the Ignore Parent Customers box.
If you only want parent customers to receive notifications, check the Parent Only box.
If you want all customers to receive notifications, leave both of these boxes unchecked.
7. If you want the notification date of this batch to appear on the notification, click the Calendar icon to select a date and time.
8. Select the notification template you want to use for this notification batch from the dropdown list.
9. Click Next.
10. Click Add from Deficiencies.
11. On the Deficiencies page, select any of the following filters to refine your search results:
Last Notification Sent: Use this to filter by the last notification that you sent.
Hazard Type: To filter deficiencies by hazard type, select an option from the dropdown list; leave the default to include all hazard types.
Water Purveyor: To filter deficiencies by water purveyor, select an option from the dropdown list; leave blank to include all purveyors.
Due Date Between: To filter outstanding deficiencies by the Due Date field, enter that date/date range here; leave blank to include all due dates.
12. Click Filter to see your results.
13. Check the box next to each outstanding deficiency that you want to receive a paper notification.
14. Click Create Selected Notifications for Selected Deficiencies at the bottom of the page.
15. When you're finished, you return to the Edit Notification Batch page. Make any necessary adjustments to the fields at the top of the page as needed.
16. Click Remove next to any record that you do not want to include in this paper notification batch.
17. To add an attachment that will be printed and mailed with the deficiency notification, drag and drop the image or document that you want to upload in the Upload Attachments box; you can also click in this box to select the file you want to upload.
18. Click Next above the Attachments section to continue.
19. On the Batch Details page, do one of the following:
To select individual records, check the box to the left of each deficiency for which you want to send a paper notification.
20. Click one of the following to save a copy of the notification batch:
Download PDF for Selected
Download CSV for Selected
21. To download a PDF copy of the completed survey form of the survey when the deficiency was created, click Download Test Form for Selected.
22. Open and print the PDF or CSV file of notifications, as well as the PDF of the pre-populated survey form as applicable.
23. Mail your paper notifications as usual.
24. Click Mark Batch Complete at the bottom of the page to indicate that you have mailed these paper notifications.
25. When the popup appears, click OK to continue.
You return to the Notifications page. You can review details of this paper notification batch by clicking Details in the Completed Notifications section.