Real-Time Training: Want to set up and send paper notifications now instead of reading about how to do it? Depending on your user role, click the Admin/Office or Water Purveyor links below to set up and send paper notifications using our live step-by-step walk throughs.
This article explains how to send paper notifications to a batch of customers.
- Before preparing a new paper notification batch, make sure you have set up the template that you want to use. For more information about setting up templates, click here.
- If you have parent customers, paper notifications saved as PDF or CSV files will be grouped first by the parent customer, then customer, and finally by service location. Click here for more information about setting up specific notification values related to parent customers.
Sending Paper Notifications
1. Select Notifications from the navigation menu.
2. In the Pending Notifications section, click +Notification Batch in the top right corner.
3. On the Create Notification Batch page, enter a Name to use as an internal reference for this notification batch.
4. Do one of the following:
- If you are a water purveyor and want to attach a test report form with this notification, check the Attach Test Forms box; it will be pre-populated with customer, service location and assembly information. Go to step 5.
- If you are not a water purveyor, go to step 5.
5. Select the notification template you want to use for this notification batch from the dropdown list.
6. Click Next.
7. Click one of the following buttons to add the customers you want to receive the notification:
- Add Records From Search
- Add Records From Upcoming Tests
8. Use the filters on the page you selected to narrow down your results, and then click Refresh.
9. Check the box to the left of each backflow assembly that you want to include in this notification batch. The following is an example from the Upcoming Tests page, but the process on each page is the same.
10. Scroll to the bottom of the page and then click Add Selected Devices To Notification Batch at the bottom of the page.
Note: Quote Selected Devices will only appear if your plan includes Quotes and Work Orders.
11. When you are finished, you return to the Edit Notification Batch page. Make any necessary adjustments to the Name and selected Template.
12. Click Remove next to any record that you do not want to include in this notification batch.
13. When you are finished, click Next at the bottom of the page.
14. On the Batch Details page, do one of the following:
- To select individual records, check the box to the left of each backflow assembly for which you want to send a paper notification.
- To select all records without an email address, check the box near the bottom of the page.
15. Click one of the following to save a copy of the notification batch:
- Download PDF for Selected
- Download CSV for Selected
16. Open and print the PDF or CSV file of notifications, and then mail your paper notifications as usual.
Note: If you selected more than 10 records, a link will be emailed to you so you can download and print your notifications.
17. Click Mark Batch Complete at the bottom of the page to indicate that you have mailed these paper notifications.
18. When the popup appears, click OK to continue.
You return to the Notifications page. You can review the status of this paper notification batch by viewing the Details of the Completed Notifications.