Real-Time Training: Want to set up and send paper notifications now instead of reading about how to do it? Depending on your user role, click the button below to set up and send paper notifications using our live step-by-step walk throughs.
This article explains how to send paper notifications to a batch of customers.
Send Paper Notifications
1. Select Notifications from the navigation menu.
2. In the Pending Notifications section, click +Notification Batch in the top right corner.
3. On the Create Notification Batch page, enter a Name to use as an internal reference for this notification batch.
4. Because this batch is for paper notifications, leave the Email Subject blank. This field will automatically be filled in, but will not appear on printed notifications.
5. Do one of the following:
If you have parent customers and do not want them to receive notifications, check the Ignore Parent Customers box.
If you only want parent customers to receive notifications, check the Parent Only box.
If you want all customers to receive notifications, leave both of these boxes unchecked.
6. Do one of the following:
If you are a water purveyor and want to attach a test report or survey form with this notification, check the Attach Test/Survey Forms box. Test report forms will be pre-populated with customer, service location and assembly information, and completed survey forms will be populated with customer and service location information, as well as details about the completed survey. Go to step 7 to continue.
If you are testing company, go to step 7.
7. If you want the notification date of this batch to appear on the printed notification, click the Calendar icon to select a date and time.
8. Select the notification template you want to use for this notification batch from the dropdown list.
9. Click Next.
10. Click one of the following buttons to add the customers you want to receive the notification:
Add Records from Search
Add Records from Upcoming Tests
Add from Pending Retest
Add from Deficiencies (purveyors only): If this notification batch is for outstanding deficiencies, click this button. See our article about sending paper notifications for deficiencies to learn more.
11. Use the filters on the page you selected to narrow down your results, and then click Refresh.
12. Do one of the following:
Select individual assemblies: Check the box to the left of each backflow assembly that you want to include in this notification batch.
Select all assemblies on the page: Check Select All On This Page.
13. Scroll to the bottom of the page and then click Add Selected Assemblies To Notification Batch at the bottom of the page.
14. When you're finished, you return to the Edit Notification Batch page. Make any necessary adjustments to the Name, Notification Date, and selected Template.
15. Click Remove next to any record that you do not want to include in this notification batch.
16. To add an attachment that will be printed and mailed with the notification, drag and drop the image or document that you want to upload in the Upload Attachments box at the bottom of the page; you can also click in this box to select the file you want to upload.
17. When you are finished, click Next above the Attachments section.
18. On the Batch Details page, do one of the following:
To select individual records, check the box to the left of each backflow assembly for which you want to send a paper notification.
19. Click one of the following to save a copy of the notification batch:
Download PDF for Selected
Download CSV for Selected
20. Open and print the PDF or CSV file of notifications, and then mail your paper notifications as usual.
21. Click Mark Batch Complete at the bottom of the page to indicate that you have mailed these paper notifications.
22. When the popup appears, click OK to continue.
You return to the Notifications page. You can review details of this paper notification batch by clicking Details in the Completed Notifications section.